Save Our Brass Culture Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization formed by New Orleans brass band members. This organization was formed to protect and serve the culture while defending its rights, creating unity, and advocating for its members. The culture is united to cultivate a stronger brass band community, to hear the concerns of our members, and meet our needs. Some of the services we aim to provide include:
- Creating jobs for musicians
- Hosting and producing events
- Find instruments for our youth and teaching the musical tradition
- Sponsor scholarships for our graduating musicians
- Promoting business skills in the areas of marketing, branding, publishing and, distribution
- Assisting musicians and their families with mental and physical health care issues
- Support economic growth by teaching about 401k plans, investments, mutual funds, etc.
- Hosting first time home-buying classes and real estate courses
- Provide financial assistance during economic crises
New Orleans Brass Fest
Each year the Save our Brass Foundation features the best and brightest brass bands in New Orleans on stage for a festival celebrating music, community, food, and the Crescent City. Started in 2019 by Save Our Brass Culture Foundation founder Ersel Bogan III, the festival is now in its third year. The festival has featured such groups as: The Original Pinettes Brass Band, Rebirth Brass Band, Free Agents Brass Band, Da Truth Brass Band, TBC Brass Band, Mama DigDown's Brass Band, The Roots of Music marching band, as well as middle and high school marching bands from around the city.